STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT AND POLICY DIVISION
A) LAW AND POLICY SECTION
- To draft policies, circulars and guidelines relating to the roles and functions of Local Authority.
- Secretariat of the National Council for Local Authority.
- Coordinates the Local Authorities Annual Conference.
- To update basic information relating to Local Authority.
- Secretariat for the Local Authority Consultative Committee Meeting.
- To provide and prepare inputs, feedbacks and comments to key meetings regarding Local Authority and Local Government Department.
- To provide advice on roles and functions of Local Authority.
- To be a member of committee in other Ministries involving the roles and functions of Local Authority.
B) STRATEGIC COLLABORATION AND SECRETARIAT SECTION
- To plan, formulate policies and strategies on Local Government Act 1976 (Act 171) as well as monitor and review the jurisdiction of Local Authority under other Acts.
- Coordinating public complaints regard to functions and role of Local Authorities.
- Responsible to conduct research and review any new laws or by-laws related to Local Authorities.
- Process the application that received from state government on change of name and status and alteration of boundaries, merger of two or more local authorities.
- Coordinate and monitor the effectiveness of National Language in public places.
- To prepare documents and gather related information that involves the role and functions of Local Authorities.
- Arrange incoming visits by foreign delegations as well as delegations from other Ministries / Universities / Departments / Agencies.
- Collecting data related to local authorities issues.
- To give advice regarding any issues that involves the role or functions of Local Authority.
- Attend meetings that required advice on local authority issues.
C) TRANSFORMATION AND MONITORING SECTION
- Responsible to ensure smooth implementation of “Pelan Transformasi PBT – ‘PBT Di Hati Rakyat’” as planned and review its effectiveness.
- To assist the main secretariat on National Council for Local Authority and Local Authorities Annual Conference.
- To coordinate the department’s implementation of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in the Department.
- To coordinate the implementation of the ISO 9001-2000 in the Division.
- To coordinate the department’s Annual Work Targets.
- Responsible to provide inputs of queries on roles and jurisdiction of Local Authorities to agencies.
- To gather and collect relevant data of Local Authorities.
- To attend meetings that required advice on local authority issues.
This Division also responsible to monitor and coordinate roles and functions of Local Government by virtue of Act as follow:
- Local Government Act 1976 (Act 171)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1976 (Act 172)
- Street, Drainage and Building Act 1974 (Act 133)
- Road Transport Act 1987 (Act 333)
- Building and Common Property (Maintenance and Management) Act 2007 (Act 663)
- Food Act 1983 (Act 281)
- Destruction of Disease-Bearing Insects Act 1975 (Act 154)
- Prevention and Control of Infectious Disease Act 1988 (Act 342)
- Petroleum (Safety Measures) Act 1984 (Act 302)
- Second-Hand Dealers Act 1946 (Act 189)
- Control of Rent Act (Repeal) 1997 (Act 572)
- Excise Act 1976 (Act 176)
- Copyright Act 1987 (Act 332)
- Environment Quality Act 1974 (Act 127)
- By-Law in Relation with Local Government