Development Control Consultation
Department of Local Government (JKT) through Development Control Consultation Division has been mandated to identify the relevant act and related laws in line with modern requirements and changes. The Division also provides advice on legal compliance as well as managing the business with regards to the development controls to the local authorities.
Managing the client’s demand to accelerate the planning permission and construction permit processes can influence the robust economic growth in PBT areas and the nation as a whole.
- To draft and uniform policies, laws and regulations related to safety aspects of the building under the Street, Drainage and Building Act 1974 (Act 133) and the Uniform Building By-Laws 1984 (UKBS 1984).
- To provide technical advice related to security, stability and comfort of the building and the environment in line with the provisions under Act 133 and UKBS 1984.
- To amend the above laws according to the changes & needs of the time.
- To draft and unify policies, laws and regulation related to the OSC which to be coordinated at the local authorities level.
- Establishing initiative to make improvement of dealing with construction permits in Malaysia.
- To amend regulations related to the OSC according to the changes & needs of the time.
- To draft and unify policies, laws and regulation related to the CCC in the construction industry in Malaysia.
- To amend regulations related to the CCC according to the changes & needs of the time.
An efficient development control contributed to the increase in economy for driving the country’s economic growth.
The effectiveness of development control (Dealing with Construction Permits – DCP) improves the national competitiveness in World Bank rating in the “Ease of Doing Business” among 189 countries. The World Bank Report 2017 for example, has ranked Malaysia in the 13th place compared to 113th place in the year 2012.