Skip to main content
- To manage financial assistance to local authorities including allocation of grants to implement development projects and the award of annual grants from the Federal Government;
- Consulting the local authorities regarding existing policies and guidelines, as well as matters pertaining to the stability and safety of buildings;
- To implement programmes that promote awareness of environmental health and hygiene and to coordinate public health initiatives with local authorities;
- To promote the development of new villages by providing infrastructural and socio-economic facilities; and
- To coordinate programmes implemented by the Local Government Department and provide computer-based information systems related to local authorities.